It’s a reality of life on a homestead.
And poop brings flies. Lots of ’em.
Back within the days earlier than I acquired all crunchy, I used to make use of a great deal of chemical fly sprays on my horses… And although I hadn’t totally “woke up” to the world of chemical-free residing at that time, I bear in mind it will nonetheless trouble me after I may style the fly spray in my mouth after dousing the horses…
I’ve seen questions on home made insect repellent throughout Facebook recently, so I made a decision it was high-time to do a round-up of all of the spectacular, all-natural bug sprays I’ve come throughout whereas blog-surfing.
Any of those concepts ought to work simply advantageous in your homestead critters too, minus the cats. (Cats and important oils typically don’t combine…) I frequently combine up pure sprays for my milk cow, horses, and goats, they usually actually appear respect it.
I’ve seen that totally different bugs reply otherwise to home made insect repellent recipes, so in the event you discover that one isn’t working for you, give one other one a strive. But, with the treasure-trove of concepts under, you need to have the ability to discover one thing that can work the place you reside!
20+ Natural Insect Repellent Recipes
1. DIY Mosquito Repellent from Lexie’s Kitchen
2. Five Homemade Mosquito Repellent Recipes from Survival at Home
3. 15+ Tips & Recipes for Repelling Mosquitoes from Accidentally Green (I’m particularly excited by attempting the basil vodka spray.)
All-Purpose Homemade Insect Repellents:
4. Natural Insect Repellent for Camping from Green Boot Living.
5. Bug-Be-Gone Balm from Smithspirations
6. Homemade Insect Repellent Spray from DIY Natural
7. DIY Bug Repellent Oil from Growing Up Herbal
8. DIY Essential Oil Bug Repellent from Dr.