Don’t Let The Mosquitoes Bite!
Prevention Steps to Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
Mosquitoes can be extremely irritating. They will leave behind small, itchy red welts. These bites, along with the incessant buzzing of their wings will make them the most unwanted guest at any backyard get together. Here are a few steps you can try as a homeowner to prevent attracting mosquitoes to your property.
– Keep your grass mowed regularly.
– Trim back foliage.
– Eliminate standing water to avoid mosquitoes breeding around your home.
– Clean out gutters.
– Avoid bug zappers.
– Try adding mosquito-repellent plants to your yard (for example: peppermint).
Prevention Steps to Keep Mosquitoes Off Your Skin
Mosquito prevention doesn’t end with your yard. We can do our best to make sure our home is unappealing to mosquitoes, but there is still a chance one could fly by. Or perhaps you are away from home. It’s impossible to completely eradicate all mosquitoes, so protecting your skin and body is highly important. Here are some tips to help you do so:
– Wear long sleeves and keep your skin covered as much as possible.
– Use bug spray.
– Wear light colors. Mosquitoes are more attracted to dark clothing.
– Stay inside when mosquitoes are most active, around dusk and dawn.
Putting these steps into place will help keep mosquitoes off your yard and off your skin. If you want extra security, contact your local pest control company. Professional mosquito control can create and maintain more of the desired outcome than DIY mosquito treatments. Schendel Pest Services has been serving the area since 1947. When it comes to mosquito control, we’ve got your back. We know how important it is to stay as protected as possible from these pests. We also know how quickly they can ruin an outdoor event. If you live in Kansas City, Topeka, or the surrounding areas, contact us today to find out how we can help you.