Other than being annoying, mosquitoes can really be extremely dangerous so a mason jar mosquito repellent generally is a life-saver.
Whether it’s Zika, West Nile virus or Dengue fever, mosquitoes can carry critical illnesses transmitted by their chunk (1).
Most typical methods of defending your self from mosquitoes, like bug spray and citronella candles don’t simply kill mosquitoes, additionally they hurt your loved ones.
In reality, DEET, the energetic ingredient in most aerosol bug sprays, is toxic to inhale and might penetrate the pores and skin and make its approach into the bloodstream (2).
On the opposite hand, mass-produced citronella candles emit poisonous substances as they burn, together with formaldehyde.
DIY Bug Repellent
If you’ve got a mosquito downside round your house, make these easy and enjoyable repellents. You can even do that making your personal bug spray right here. The answer under will aid you create mason jar mosquito repellent, which is a good DIY answer for repelling mosquitoes.
- 4 Mason Jars
- Essential oil of Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Catnip.
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- 2 Fresh Limes
- 8 Sprigs of contemporary Rosemary
- Filtered Water
- Floating Beeswax tea lights
- Slice the lemon and lime finely and put aside.
- Place two sprigs of rosemary into every jar and fill 3/Four full with water.
- Add 10 drops of every oil into every jar and stir.
- Divide the lemon and lime among the many jars.
- Add extra water, leaving an inch of area on the high of the jar.
- Place a floating tea mild candle on high.
- Burn the candle to make use of, ensuring to watch them as they burn.
- Replace the fruits and begin from scratch each 2-Three days.