New Delhi: As many as 2,406 individuals have been recognized with dengue in Delhi this season, based on a municipal report launched on Monday. Of the entire variety of dengue circumstances this 12 months, 811 had been reported within the National Capital this month until November 24, whereas some 260 recent circumstances had been reported over the past one week. The report by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC), which tabulates knowledge on vector-borne ailments within the metropolis, confirmed that a minimum of 1,114 dengue circumstances had been reported in October. The metropolis additionally noticed 466 circumstances of malaria and 154 of chikungunya this season, the report mentioned.
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne viral an infection attributable to any considered one of 4 carefully associated dengue viruses. These viruses are associated to the viruses that trigger West Nile an infection and yellow fever. Symptoms embrace excessive fever (sudden), intense headache, nausea, vomiting, rash, ache within the eyes, joints, and muscle tissues, and minor bleeding. You ought to see a physician when you develop a fever and milder signs frequent to dengue fever. Read – What are the indicators and signs of extreme dengue? Here’s what to do when you suspect you’ve got dengue fever
Precautionary measures for dengue
Here are just a few suggestions that will help you and your loved ones keep protected against dengue:
– Keep your environment clear to maintain the mosquitoes at bay
– Avoid storing stagnant water that will entice mosquitoes to breed, resulting in the primary trigger for dengue.
– Clean or recycle water-holding containers that aren’t in use. Also, change flower vases on weekly foundation to forestall mosquitoes from breeding.
– Wear full-sleeves garments and use mosquito nets to keep away from mosquito bites
– Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
– When indoors, use air-con if out there.
– Make certain window and door screens are safe and freed from holes. If sleeping areas should not screened or air-conditioned, use mosquito nets.
In case, you’re bitten by mosquitoes, keep away from scratching mosquito bites. Apply hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion to cut back itching. If you’ve got signs of dengue, just be sure you converse to your physician.