What can I do about mosquitoes?
1. Empty standing water in previous tires, cemetery urns, buckets, plastic covers, toys, or every other container the place mosquitoes could breed.
2. Empty and alter the water in chook baths, fountains, wading swimming pools, rain barrels, and potted plant trays not less than as soon as every week if no more usually.
3. Drain or fill non permanent swimming pools with filth.
4. Keep swimming swimming pools handled and circulating.
5. Keep rain gutters clear and in good restore.
6. Use mosquito repellents containing DEET. Apply sparingly to youngsters earlier than they play outdoor, and rinse youngsters off with cleaning soap and water after they come again in. Do not apply repellent to the face and palms of younger youngsters as a result of they could rub it of their eyes. Follow label instructions and precautions intently.
7. Use head nets, lengthy sleeves, and lengthy pants in case you enterprise into areas with excessive mosquito populations.
8. Make positive window and door screens are “bug tight.”
Mosquito Control Myths
– FALSE: Ultraviolet lights utilized in bug zappers and ultrasonic gadgets are efficient.
– FALSE: Bats and Purple Martin birds eat sufficient mosquitoes to be helpful.
– FALSE: Citronella candles and citronella repellents, and garlic hold mosquitoes away.
– TRUE: Integrated pest administration (IPM) is at this time’s normal for controlling mosquitoes. IPM includes surveillance, eliminating mosquitoes, larvicide and organic controls, in addition to public relations and schooling.